Explore the Little Fields 12 hectare natural playground, or the surrounding areas.
There is something for everyone.
Hikes for nature lovers abound in the surrounding areas.
The Midlands Meander has a plethora of interesting shops for those in need of retail therapy.
Piggly Wiggly has plenty of activities for kids, including a miniature railway.
For food and drink enthusiasts, there are numerous places to visit.
We are here to greet you and assist you in settling in.
We can recommend restaurants and attractions along the Midlands Meander.
We will then leave you to enjoy your stay, but will be on call should you need us.
Food and Drink:
- The KZN Midlands craft beer route
Fable – Curries Post, a must visit!
Artisan Bistro in Hilton.
- The Break Room for the vegan & health conscious, Hilton.
- The Treatery – in Howick.
- Wood Stone restaurant in Howick.
- Bluebird Coffee Shop, in Main Street Howick. Which is internationally recognised.
- Pepere Cafe – Hilton
For Tourists and History Enthusiasts:
- The Mandela Capture site
The Howick Falls and craft market (10 minutes from Little Fields)
- Hilton Old Train Station
- Thurlow Game Reserve
For Thrill Seekers:
- The Canopy Tour in Karkloof
- Cycle around Cedara Agricultural College (Three minutes from our drive)
- The well-known Sappi Howick cycle route (Starts at the nearby Karkloof Polo field and meanders through forests and wetlands)
For the Nature Lovers:
– Picnic at Karkloof Falls
– Thurlow Nature Reserve (This is a wonderful place to walk or run in the late afternoon as the sun sets over the dam)
– For bird lovers:
– The bird hides at the Karkloof Conservation Centre
For the Children:
– Piggly Wiggly (Mini train ride, candle dipping, pottery painting and a put-put course)
– The Junction at Nottingham Road
For Retail Therapy:
– Piggly Wiggly (Free Range, The Lavender Shop, Homewood furniture and Huddy’s Books are some of our favourite spots to browse)